Procmail error 213, Procmail error 13

I don't have any answers, but I found a solution. We were getting "mailer prog died with error 213" and "mailer prog died with signal 13" messages from sendmail. It always occurred with procmail, and happened pretty consistently with messages from certain domains. I made a run at looking at the headers to see if there was anything different from all the others that worked, but wasn't able to find anything.

So the solution was to upgrade procmail to the latest version, procmail-3.11pre4 . The canonical site is

Here are some other suggestions I got when initially asking about the problem.

From Fri Sep 20 13:08:10 1996 > It was caused my my Upstream provider haveing faulty
> routing (Sprint) so my DNS was timing out...but during the look up
> sendmail just hung and mail.local died
> > Brent
From: Keith Manley > Try looking in the file '/usr/include/sys/syscall.h' if you have one. That
> should contain the list of error messages for the machine.

[note, this didn't help us as the numbers didn't go up that high.]

World | Inch